lundi 17 mai 2010

TNS-04413: A shared object was found in the subtree

I installed Oracle 11g on Linux, debian squeeze, last week and came across a weird error after having had to configure the sqlnet stuff. Oracle doesn't seem to be able to do that on debian-based systems, nor on Solaris ... so maybe all unices are affected. I don't know, I must be making a big mistake somewhere during installation ... ;-)

So, I thouht I had set everything up as it should be, but I had a problem in the sqlnet configuration, as the listener did not want to serve my database.

I started dbca to check if it could find the database and got several errors, that pointed me in the right direction ... ;-).

I figured it out in the end, I had this line:


(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1521))
iso
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC))


I had somehow gotten the listener port at the end of EXTPROC, don't ask me how that happened ... must have made a typo in vi. The weird thing is, that I found nothing on the interwebs about the error:


TNS-04413: A shared object was found in the subtree

So here is a blog entry about that ... ;-)

See below:

oracle@hpcarpenter:~$ lsnrctl start


LSNRCTL for Linux: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 17-MAY-2010 14:57:07

Copyright (c) 1991, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Starting /u00/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/bin/tnslsnr: please wait...

TNSLSNR for Linux: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production
System parameter file is /u00/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/network/admin/listener.ora
Log messages written to /u00/app/oracle/diag/tnslsnr/hpcarpenter/listener/alert/log.xml
Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(KEY=EXTPROC1521)))
Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=hpcarpenter.masalan)(PORT=1521)))

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC1521)))
STATUS of the LISTENER
------------------------
Alias LISTENER
Version TNSLSNR for Linux: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production
Start Date 17-MAY-2010 14:57:09
Uptime 0 days 0 hr. 0 min. 0 sec
Trace Level off
Security ON: Local OS Authentication
SNMP OFF
Listener Parameter File /u00/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/network/admin/listener.ora
Listener Log File /u00/app/oracle/diag/tnslsnr/hpcarpenter/listener/alert/log.xml
Listening Endpoints Summary...
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(KEY=EXTPROC1521)))
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=hpcarpenter.masalan)(PORT=1521)))
The listener supports no services
The command completed successfully
oracle@hpcarpenter:~$ dbca
Can't get a listener LISTENER Exception: oracle.net.config.ListenerException: TNS-04412: A problem reading or writing an address
caused by: oracle.net.config.SOExceptionConfig:
TNS-04413: A shared object was found in the subtree

Aucun commentaire: